A blog by Richard Lazazzera, Shopify Content Strategist, illustrates the idea it’s almost always cheaper to retain your current customers than it is to constantly acquire new customers. It’s so important to build customer loyalty and exceed expectations with every sale you make. We at SH agree with this philosophy and are eager to help our customers move in this direction. Packaging inserts are one way to help with this.
6 Reasons Packaging Inserts are so important:
- Packaging inserts are low cost – Below we will discuss five package insert opportunity types, each of them are very low cost, yet can yield high return.
- Inserts can be highly targeted – They are already a customer and you know what they bought. This can allow you to tailor your package insert closely to the exact person receiving it.
- The cost of delivering the message has already been paid – The package is already being shipped so you might as well make the most of it.
- Package inserts are perfect for cross-selling – Because you know exactly what the customer already likes, you can add highly targeted cross sell opportunities.
- Package inserts are a great channel for liquidating merchandise – Hard to move merchandise can be converted to a marketing expense and used to bolster you relationship with current customers.
- The right inserts increase loyalty – By making the customer feel special, inserts make the customer feel like they are important and provide a reason for them to share their story.
Package inserts seem pretty simple – just throw a flyer or coupon in the box whenever you ship an order. In fact though, there are a lot of options on the table you can use and mix to deliver more value and build greater loyalty with your customers.
Let’s take a look at 5 of the most popular types of packaging insert options.
- Discount Offers
- Product Samples
- Small Gifts
- Thank-You Cards and Personal Notes
- Product Review/Share On Social Media Request